Saturday, July 12, 2003

OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD

I reckon when you are the erstwhile mouthpiece for Saddam, it is a wise decision to get out of town.
''This departure is accompanied with mixed feelings. It has sadness and hope,'' al-Sahhaf told the station as his plane left Baghdad. ''My only solace is to be optimistic and remain faithful, and to side completely with the truth to stay alive and continue working.''...

Al-Sahhaf, who is in his early 60s, said he wants to find something ''useful'' to do for his family and fellow Iraqis. He said his family including a wife, daughter, son and five other relatives were happy to leave Iraq, though the ex-minister says he hopes to return someday.

''Every time I leave (Baghdad), I think that maybe I won't be back on that road (to Iraq) again,'' al-Sahhaf said. ''But I hope and pray to God that I can return.''

Amusing.

"...to side completely with the truth to stay alive and continue working."

Baghdad Bob wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and kissed him on the lips.

The rest of the farce is here.

No comments: