Monday, July 07, 2003

GOOD LOCAL COVERAGE.

Through the eyes of an NCO from 3/124 Infantry (Florida National Guard, attached to 1st Brigade, 1AD.)
A sense of duty brought Sgt. 1st Class Juan Anico home to Crawfordville to care for his wife who'd undergone serious surgery. But a sense of duty also made Anico regret having to leave his soldiers behind in Baghdad.

"I have mixed feelings because I knew I was leaving my friends, but at the same time I felt I was going to spend time with my family," Anico, 41, said...

Anico is part of the Alpha Company of the 3rd Battalion of the 124th Infantry, a National Guard unit based in Tallahassee, which was deployed in January. During the war, his unit guarded patriot missiles...

But Anico's also been able to experience some culture. He visited the ruins of Abraham's house and says Iraq's got great pita bread.

Read it here.

No comments: