Friday, January 16, 2004

WHAT BAGHDAD IS REALLY LIKE

According to Bill Evers, selected by the White House to serve as senior advisor on education for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq.

Read the whole article...you will feel better for it.
It's not as scary as it looks on TV. But you do have to exercise reasonable prudence.

I traveled in Baghdad and around the country more than most civilians who worked in the Baghdad palace. Usually I traveled with guards armed with assault rifles. I personally found it a bit nerve-racking whenever I was stuck in a traffic jam.

But in five months I never saw a firefight, a bleeding wound or a dead body. I felt and heard explosions, but none were closer than several football fields away.

Watching TV coverage of Iraq is much scarier than being there.

No comments: