Thursday, July 01, 2004

ANOTHER CAPABLE 1AD SOLDIER

Heh heh...
“But, that day (about 9 a.m. on June 7) there were a lot of people gathering at this checkpoint and it was very busy. So, I was asked to search some men, too,” said (PFC Jessica) Nicholson.

“While other soldiers were searching a car, the driver had stepped out of the car and I was searching the driver. He didn’t have any weapons on his person,” she said...

During the second search, the soldier spotted a grenade hidden behind the visor on the driver’s side. The soldier shouted, “Grenade!”

“I immediately got the man down on the ground, face down, and I remember pressing his face into a sandbag,” Nicholson said.

She continued to hold him down until other soldiers came over and zip-cuffed the man...

“I really don’t remember exactly how I got him on the ground, but it was practically instantaneous,” she said, blushing. “I don’t remember the details of putting him down. I just remember, suddenly, I had him down on the ground with his face pressed into a sandbag and I kept holding him there.”

She said the man then started crying and someone said he might have been embarrassed because it was a shame for a man in Iraq to get beat up by a woman...

Asked the size of the Iraqi man, she said, “He was about my height, but heavier. I would say he was a little out of shape.”
(Thanks to Bobby Sr. for the link.)

2 comments:

Dave Greinke said...

Just dont understand a culture that cares more about losing face by being bested by a girl than using a grenade to kill others.

timsarmywifey said...

Go girl! Glad she was there and others like her.