Tuesday, July 29, 2003

A SIGN I'VE BEEN TOO FOCUSED?

"It's not too often you have three receivers who can all run 4.3 40s," Walker said. "We all complement each other. The way we are, defenses can't really key on one person because we all have the speed to be vertical and we have the speed to go the distance. With a quarterback like Brett, hopefully, we can perform like we are all capable of, and he'll stick around even longer knowing what he will have to throw to."

Less than two hours into the first practice of camp, Favre rifled a 30-yard spiral that teased Ferguson, who zipped behind a defender but needed to extend his body in the air for the catch. Packers fans went agog at the sight of the reception. Favre got a brief second of inspiration and moved on to the next play.

"By far, this is the most talent at that position that I have ever played with as a whole," Favre said. "There is a lot of inexperience. In some ways, it's fun. There is a lot of energy. It is a lot easier to deal with guys when they make mistakes at full speed. I think the potential is there to put up a lot of points. It's much like the Rams several years ago. There is a lot of size, speed and ability."

I failed to note, until today, that football teams are in training camp.

Me, I happen to like the Packers (the Army had me 3 years in Wisconsin, during which time they won the Super Bowl...uh, I sort of HAD to become a fan out of sheer self preservation...)

Anyway - with CPT Patti in Baghdad, it tends to be the weekends that stretch out interminably for me. Start of the Football season should help that problem a bit.

For the record, though...CPT Patti is a football fan too.

Her favorite team? Whoever I'm pulling for. What a wonderful wife.

C'mon home soon, darlin'. I miss ya.

No comments: