Tuesday, March 16, 2004

"I'M IN THE GREATEST PROFESSION IN THE WORLD"
One of my greatest rewards is watching young boys right out of high school turn into great men, without hesitation stepping into harm's way to help someone they don"t know - even more, to help out a fellow soldier. I am in the greatest profession in the world.
Can you name for me another profession that elicits this kind of pride from its members?

I know not all soldiers feel this way...but what is remarkable is how many do. And I understand that some folks, athletes perhaps, feel lucky to be paid so well for doing what they love.

But there is something special about a profession in which so many love what they do in spite of mediocre pay, awful hours, and yearlong deployments.

It makes me wonder...is there anyone in Hollywood who could be this happy earning $31,000 per year?

No comments: