Friday, November 07, 2003

FOLLOW UP

I need to do a little housekeeping here.

First I want to thank those of you who responded to the call to send a note to CPT Will Ashmore, recently wounded in Iraq. If you haven't done so yet, you can click here to offer your emotional support to this fine soldier.

And I also thank those of you who wrote to me in response to my Fences posting. I truly appreciate your response and your input.

Some have asked for more personal and/or opinion postings. I can assure you that I will write such things when I feel I have something meaningful to say.

Meanwhile, I keep the news-digest here as part of CPT Patti's mementos. See, she gets to read/see/hear very little about this war that has taken her from our home for the better part of a year. In years to come she will have the time to read about it. I print the website out and put it into notebooks. I've filled 8 so far.

Finally, just a heads-up. I'm getting out of town on Sunday. Going to Italy for a couple of days. Unless I'm lucky enough to find in Internet cafe...I'll be absent from here from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday evening.

No comments: