Wednesday, June 02, 2004

A SPECIAL NOTE TO CARLA

Carla wrote to ask me to speculate about Iraq tour lengths for Marines. I did. Looks like I'm all wrong (and I'll remind you all I told you my speculation was worth every penny you paid for it!)

Appears Carla gets her wish.
The Marine Corps’ top general said Tuesday that there are no plans to extend seven-month tours in Iraq despite reports that Marines could be there as long as a year.

Marine Commandant Gen. Michael Hagee said battalions and squadrons are not scheduled to stay longer, but acknowledged things could always change.

“If the battlefield changes, then we’ll react to that,” Hagee said in an interview in Rota.

“But right now, it is seven- month rotations for the infantry battalions and the squadrons, it’s about a year rotation for regimental headquarters, group headquarters, division headquarters.”

No comments: