Tuesday, December 09, 2003

A REAL WAR STORY

Read it all, but be warned...it is not for the faint of heart.
As for the killing, "I volunteered my body, mind and soul and I would do anything they asked of me," Zeller said.

He realizes this war on terrorism isn't like World War II.

"No one is trying to invade America or anything, so maybe (what we're doing) is a little less gratifying. But those people have been taught to hate us. Those kids I saw were raised to hate Americans."

He remembers seeing the walls of second- and third-grade classes in Iraqi schools. The walls were hung with pictures of dead Americans with bullet holes in them.

"Second- and third-grade kids," he said, still unable to comprehend what his own eyes saw.

"I ran across families that had had their own children killed by Saddam," Zeller said.

So yes, he's made his peace with the killing he had to do.

It was for freedom, he said.

No comments: