Sunday, November 16, 2003

CPT WILL UPDATE

I drove to Landstuhl today to visit CPT Will. Landstuhl is about 125 miles from Giessen...and it was a rainy, yucky, sloppy day...the kind that will test your nerves especially out on the Autobahn.

Relating back to yesterday's link, let me tell you the Fisher House is just fabulous! It has a large library/tv room, another parlor like room, and a kitchen worthy of any Food Network show.

The guest rooms are simply furnished but very comfortable and well thought out.

CPT Will is doing super! Yes, his leg is injured and that will take some patience, some time to heal and some rehab. But his head is clear and his heart intact.

Until I went to visit him I was thinking of him as Will, the-wounded-in-battle. After seeing him today he seems more like Will, the guy with a bad leg.

But let me say this...I wasn't there 30 seconds before he was talking about all the folks from around the world who left kind words of encouragement on his website. He is truly and deeply touched. Will is a humble guy anyway...and I think the overwhelming show of support has meant a lot in his recovery.

So - if you are among those who answered the call from this blog, or others, to leave a comment in his online guest book, please accept my testimony that such a small act of kindness on your part paid huge dividends in the life of that soldier.

And if you haven't taken the time yet...you can now.

No comments: