Thursday, March 04, 2004

EFFECTS OF THE WAR...

On those of us at home.
The second study examined the psychological and cardiovascular impact on 149 adolescents caused by the Iraq war. It found teens from military families were most affected. Evidence of the effects included elevated resting blood pressures and heart rates associated with their loved one's proximity to the war...

"One of the concerns I have is that families with loved ones involved in the war on terrorism are undoubtedly experiencing emotional and physical strain. Are we adequately identifying and providing assistance to those who would benefit from help in coping with the strain before it becomes clinically manifest?" Treiber says
I haven't mentioned it and I can't exactly quantify it...but I can say from my experience that this a fact. And I do wonder about the long term effects of the stress I've been under for nearly a year.

No comments: