Friday, February 20, 2004

CNBC EUROPE

Here is what happened. I was eating breakfast at home this morning, flipping through the channels on our pitiful little cable over here. I was looking for news. I hit upon CNBC Europe.

The morning host was going over the market numbers from yesterday...and at some point had the occasion to say "...and we now know that US President Bush's trip to London cost us (citizens of England) over four-million pounds"

He then glanced directly into the camera's lens, and like a spoiled adolescent adds "yeah...great."

What does this have to do with the financial markets please?

Have the once cherished standards of news departments absolutely given themselves over to the sophomoric antics of the entertainment departments?

I've written to CNBC Europe on this...I'm just disgusted.

No comments: