Friday, August 22, 2003

A THANK YOU FROM DOWN RANGE

A few weeks ago I appealed to family and close friends to "adopt" soldiers from CPT Patti's company who were not receiving care packages in the mail.

The response was wonderful...each of our lonely soldiers was adopted by at least three different sponsors.

One of the sponsors shared a thank-you note with me that arrived from a young female soldier in Baghdad. Here is an excerpt:
"Thank you for sending me that package. You do not know how much it means to me just to get something from "the other side".

I was so excited to get a package that I cut my hand with my knife and had to go get a couple of stitches from the medics. No worries though, my trigger finger still works...

It really means a lot to me to know that I am being thought about somewhere in Germany."

Nice, isn't it?

No comments: