Sunday, July 20, 2003

DISTRACTING THE SOLDIERS FROM THE REAR

An interesting perspective.
"However, the 'mind games' on return dates have been very difficult to deal with. The soldiers continue to execute their missions with perfection, but their morale is dropping fast, which can create force protection problems.

"Soldiers' minds are going to begin drifting back to their homes and families instead of focusing on their present mission. This makes the soldiers easy targets.

"I have heard stories that wives are contemplating to self induce bodily harm to get their husbands back home through a Red Cross message. Again, this is a rumor, and I cannot verify it.

"I do not expect spouses to go that far, but a married soldier's decision to re-enlist is based largely on his/her spouse's desire. I see a big readiness issue for the military based on the present situation."

I've heard of spouses threatening the same type thing here.

Read it all.

No comments: