Tuesday, April 20, 2004

TUESDAY, APRIL 20th.

This is day 345 of CPT Patti's deployment.

I told you last week that CPT Patti has a new job as the Brigade Combat Team S4. She notified me on Friday via email that the staff had to temporarily relocate as of Saturday in order to effect the complete battle handover to the staff of the 39th Enhanced Separate Brigade (Arkansas National Guard).

That journey would take them into some unfriendly territory...and she knew I would worry.

Being the darling woman she is she found a computer immediately upon their arrival on Saturday to let me know they had arrived safely.

Last night I got another note...this time saying she and the other had returned safely to Martyr's Monument, home of the 1st Brigade Combat Team's headquarters in Baghdad.

And I said many thanks to the Lord for safe deliverence.

No comments: