Thursday, August 28, 2003

NOT ONLY WAY OFF TOPIC...

But silly to the point of absurd.

However, I can't help myself.

Saw a posting at The Corner that alerted me to the fact that certain Emily Dickenson poems could be sung to the tune of The Yellow Rose of Texas.

Go on...try it!
BECAUSE I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

But wait, there is more!

It works on this one too...and if you skip to the fifth stanza, you even get the eerie coincidence of "a Yellow Eye".

My Life had stood - a Loaded Gun -
In Corners - till a Day
The Owner passed - identified -
And carried Me away -...

To foe of His - I'm deadly foe -
None stir the second time -
On whom I lay a Yellow Eye -
Or an emphatic Thumb -

Cool! - now I'm gonna go see if I can find some Frost that will fit the tune to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida...

No comments: