Thursday, July 22, 2004

A WORD FROM OUR GIRL
 
Hello, everyone!  It is so incredible to be home with Tim - the sweetest MAN on the planet.  The last eleven days are best described as AMAZING!  Tim has made every minute of every day full of happiness and normality.  Believe it or not, normality ranks a close number one to happiness on the list of good feelings from coming home.  It is so lovely to see green trees, smell clean air, walk down clean streets, gaze upon cultured gardens, watch happy and prosperous families play with their children, and just open the refrigerator to reach in for a cold German beer when I want one.
 
My experiences in Iraq were numerous and definitely have changed me in varied ways.  Right now, the most significant change in me is a heightened and most intense feeling of how life is so precious and everything in life, especially the little things, should never be taken for granted.  I am thankful to God beyond any words that I could use for bringing me and my Gators home safe and sound.  Thank you so much to all of you for your prayers, well wishes and many words of encouragement to Tim.
 
God bless you all and God bless America!
 
CPT Patti
  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply, the world is a better place because you and your husband are here. I will never forget all the days of reading your husband's site, recognizing each day of your deployment, seeing your pretty face and finding comfort in your husband's strength.

I sincerely hope that life fulfills all of your dreams. This time in history would not have been the same without the both of you and you deserve nothing but the best. scott holmes

Dave Greinke said...

Welcome Home Patti

Anonymous said...

I have been one of the silent readers for months. I have truly enjoyed your thoughts as well as what you chose to bring to our attention. Every day I checked in on you and Cpt. Patti. There has been so much more to your writing than what you described, Tim. Just to read your thoughts has been a privilege. I'm sure many of us would love to keep reading if you decide to change your mind and keep writing. Maybe you and Patti could share with us now and then and let us know how you're doing. I am thankful for you that your journey for this mission is over and that you have made it home safely. We still have our son over there. Thank you for all that you did to make the days of waiting and wondering more bearable. All the best to you both.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to hear that you and your unit returned safely. Thank you all for your service - we're proud of you. I hope you and Tim won't have to endure any more long separations and that you have a wonderful future together.

Sue in Ohio