Monday, February 16, 2004

"EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS HEROES"

Sarah's husband left a couple of days ago. And she shares her feelings with us here.

Most of you know that our brigade is scheduled to return within the next two to three months. I've been the spouse left at home for going on 10 months. Sarah's going through it fresh.

It hurts me a little bit to read it...see I remember that first phone call from Kuwait. I remember the tales of sand, sand, sand...(a subject that just doesn't come up with CPT Patti any more....nor do the flies, the smells. And I am reminded of how very very long ago that seems.

I think you will enjoy reading that which she shares. Plus, she tends to find links to interesting opinions around the world on various subjects other than the war on terror.

No comments: