Thursday, November 13, 2003

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 13th.

CPT Patti has been working 15 to 18 hours per day for 186 days.

I got the rare email note from her today...and in part it read
...today I sang a solo at the Battalion Prayer Breakfast and led the Congregational Hymn. It went well.

Then, I had a new client in my office, a staff sergeant who had just returned from Baghdad. He was assigned to a tank unit there.

I mentioned my wife was in Baghdad...and showed him her picture. He exclaimed, "I know her! She is THE nicest person!!!

So how about that. After 186 days she still has the spirit within her to make strangers feel good...she still has the spirit in her to sing praises to God.

There is nothing I can read or write today that can improve on what I've already learned.

So I won't try.

Please visit again tomorrow...after I've finished having a good cry over my astonishing good luck at being married to the Sweetest Woman on the Planet.

And thanks for understanding.

No comments: