Wednesday, September 24, 2003

QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATE

CPT Patti sent an email note overnight...in part here is what it said.

In response to a question I sent asking about how they get their news she wrote:

There are several TVs in the company. As long as the main generator is running, then we have CNN on.

And then to let me know about some notable improvements she writes:

Some quick QOL (quality of life) updates: first, today is the grand opening of the PROVIDER LOUNGE (MWR building). The official ceremony is at 1700. They opened the Internet cafe at 0700 this morning. You get to use it free for one hour until 1700. So, that is exactly where I am.

Also, they have two pool tables, one ping pong table, weight room, Juice smoothie stand, big screen tv with AFN cable, a movie theater, and the internet cafe.

The internet cafe is $2 per hour then everything else is free, except the smoothies.

It really is a great place. Our soldiers should be very happy at all these improvements.

I hope the addition of the internet cafe means I will be hearing from her a bit more from now on.

So - add to all this good news the fact that mail seems to be moving quickly and they recently opened their new dining facility, life gets just a bit better in increments for our girl and her soldiers.

And me - I'm all for that which makes her life better.

No comments: